Sunday, February 27, 2011

TBR pile

Hello all,

Gosh, has it been THAT long since I posted? This month just flew by! I'm am sort of glad though as I am super tired of winter. Bring on Spring!!

I have been writing blogs about different authors I have read. More specifically, the ones associated with the All Male Romance website. However, I have not read too many things lately. So I thought I would talk about that.

My "To Be Read" (TBR) pile is very long and contains more books that I have time to read. Does that happen to any of you? LOL. I am sure it has. When on Dreamspinner Press or Samhain Publishing or Extasy Books or Ravenous Romance etc.. It is easy to think, "Wow, I want to read that!" and add it to you cart. The cart then becomes several, if not more, books deep and you checkout with every intention of reading all of then ASAP! Then life happens. Dinner, laundry, job, showering, sleeping, eating, kids, spouses, and the list continues; everything to jump in the way of reading that favorite author or much desired book. At least this is what happens to me.

I have books from Ryan Field, Serena Yates, Chris Owen, Christina Loren, SJ Frost, DC Juris, Rachel Haimowitz, Chloe Stowe, Hal Bodner, Rick Reed, Andrea Speed, Ariel Trachna, Mark Alders, Mary Calmes, and Felicia Watson which are just sitting in my "books" folder waiting to be read. AND THESE ARE JUST THE ONES I'VE PURCHASED ALREADY! I have so many more that I see and think, "mmm I just don't have time right now..." Life goes so fast sometimes.

Here winter has been a pain. Lots of snow. I don't know about you but snow messes up my daily routine. I like routine. I need routine and a set time in my day when I can rad, write, or chill without having to go and do for someone else. I need "me time" and I rarely get it.

The only book I squeezed in lately is The Nourisher by Mark Alders. I already did a blog about Mark so I didn't want to play favorites :s I do love Mark though. He has such an imagination! Never in the world would I have thought reading spider sex could be hot! But when Mark writes it, anything can be hot. And not only that, but it can seem normal and endearing. Vernon is an awesome spider! So, my little plug for Mark is: GO READ THE NOURISHER! (sold though Extasy books)

Today like most days is a run run run day. Always. No time to read. So, think of me, Tristan, and go read one for me. Message me on Goodreads and let me know what you read! I have lots to recommend. I MAY even start writing short reviews about what I thought about the ones I already read and rated on goodreads.com

For now--CIAO!

Tristan ;)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment